SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University officials are apologizing after the school mistakenly sent emails to people who applied years ago, congratulating them on their acceptance.
According to CNN, some applied to graduate or PhD programs at SU more than seven years ago.
Others currently attend or work at the university. And some were rejected when they applied years ago.
In a letter sent to those affected, Dean of Admissions Maurice Harris blamed a technical error.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Summer-like weather about to end
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Daboll praises Bills willingness to fight
- Border city looking at ‘shocking’ V-shaped economic recovery
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.