SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Members of the Syracuse Police Department are scheduled to meet with Destiny USA mall tenants on Thursday to discuss how they’re shifting strategy after eight reported burglaries since November.
One of those leaving tenants particularly shaken was a heist on January 24 at Finish Line where a burglar went through a back hallway, cut a hole in the wall into the store, and ran out with cash registers and a safe. Detectives have already made arrests in some of the cases.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘Woohoo!’: Ana Zolotic, Olympic gold medalist from Largo gets surprise welcome home
- Expert says Simone Biles showed toughness in prioritizing her mental health
- Bills OLs Dion Dawkins, Ike Boettger start on COVID list; Hughes injures calf
- Vaccine hesitancy proves prevalent in Parish
- `OK not to be OK’: Mental health takes top role at Olympics
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9