SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Members of the Syracuse Police Department are scheduled to meet with Destiny USA mall tenants on Thursday to discuss how they’re shifting strategy after eight reported burglaries since November.
One of those leaving tenants particularly shaken was a heist on January 24 at Finish Line where a burglar went through a back hallway, cut a hole in the wall into the store, and ran out with cash registers and a safe. Detectives have already made arrests in some of the cases.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Absentee counting resumes in Onondaga Co. and race tightens for State Senate
- Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7
- Cuomo: ‘There can’t be these bureaucratic loopholes’ for police misconduct
- Draft released for statewide deer management plan, public comments accepted through December 28
- DEC releases final trout stream management plan
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9