SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Halloween is still a couple of weeks away, but the scary fun has already started at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital!
Pediatric patients, their families, and the staff dressed up for a party, hosted by Spirit Halloween. It’s part of their Spirit of Children program, giving kids who wouldn’t otherwise be able to celebrate the holiday the chance to get creative with a costume and collect some candy.
Since 2011, Spirit of Children has donated a portion of customer donations from local Spirit Halloween stores to Golisano.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Governor delivers state budget proposal
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- Storm Team Academy: Comparing seasonal snow totals at the halfway point
- Vaccine rollout causes ‘confusion, frustration, anger’ for immunocompromised people
- Money in Your Pocket: 1/20/21
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9