DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The COVID-19 pandemic postponed the St. Sophia’s Greek Cultural Festival, which was supposed to happen in June. Now, the festival will take place as a drive-thru Greek food fest at the church in October.
The church, located at 325 Waring Road in DeWitt, will have a to-go menu with select Greek food and desserts. Customers will order from their cars.
“Many patrons have been craving their Greek food since the cancellation of the June Festival. Instead of having to wait until 2021, we will be able to satisfy them with this take-out service,” said St. Sophia’s Greek Festival Committee Chairman Peter Lemoniades.
- Friday, October 2 from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, October 3 from 12 to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, October 4 from 12 to 7 p.m.
For more information, visit syracusegreekfest.com.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Employee at an Auburn restaurant tests positive for COVID-19
- Central New York reports lower COVID-19 positive rate than the state’s average Friday
- Humane Association of CNY hosts silent auction to stock the shelter with much needed items
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.