(WSYR-TV) — Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the State Elections Commissioners are calling for the April 28 Democratic Presidential Primary to be postponed to June 23.
They also want to increase the use of absentee voting and allow greater flexibility to administer the elections in June.
NewsChannel 9 was told that was the result of an overwhelming bipartisan vote of commissioners representing New York State’s counties.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Highlights from Home 4-5-20
- Highlights from Home 4-4-20
- Highlights from Home 4-3-20
- Exclusive: Poll finds New Yorkers approve of governor’s coronavirus response, expect schools to remain closed
- BIG changes ahead late this week
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.