TYRE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — New York State Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash along the eastbound lane of the State Thruway in Seneca County Town of Tyre last month.
The two people who died in the October 20th crash have been identified as Monica Amelda, 61, of Brampton, Ontario, originally from Guyana, and Florie Smith, 77, of Guyana. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other drivers involved in the crash were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- When will gyms be allowed to reopen?
- WATCH: Clouding up tonight with showers skirting Central New York Friday.
- Where are they now?: Jillian Zakrzeski
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9