TYRE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — New York State Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash along the eastbound lane of the State Thruway in Seneca County Town of Tyre last month.
The two people who died in the October 20th crash have been identified as Monica Amelda, 61, of Brampton, Ontario, originally from Guyana, and Florie Smith, 77, of Guyana. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other drivers involved in the crash were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Jim Breuer to perform at The Vine
- Grab and Go seafood from Wegmans easy choice for holiday parties
- Witty Wicks has gifts for everyone on your list
- Cuomo signs legislation to streamline absentee voting process
- Rochester company to test treatment for Alzheimer’s
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9