TYRE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — New York State Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash along the eastbound lane of the State Thruway in Seneca County Town of Tyre last month.
The two people who died in the October 20th crash have been identified as Monica Amelda, 61, of Brampton, Ontario, originally from Guyana, and Florie Smith, 77, of Guyana. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
Three other drivers involved in the crash were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9