DERUYTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — New York State Police are looking for information in a 1989 homicide that happened in the area of Crumb Hill Road in DeRuyter.
On March 19, 1989, two youths found the body of Rose Marie Cartner Snyder in a wooded area near maple tapping trees on Crumb Hill Road.
Snyder was from Syracuse and an autopsy conducted determined she died of strangulation.
The photographs are of the victim and the crime scene in 1989.
Anyone with information on the homicide of Snyder is asked to call Troop D Headquarters at (315) 366-6000. All calls can be kept anonymous.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH NOW: 6 p.m. update with Nicole Sommavilla and Storm Team Meteorologist John DiPasquale
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- New York State Trooper seriously injured in 190 North crash in Buffalo Saturday morning
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.