CATO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — State Police in Auburn have arrested a Red Creek man for bank robbery.
It all started around 1 p.m. Tuesday when police say Jason Ingelston, 41, handed a teller a note saying he had a gun and demanded money. It happened at the Community Bank on West Main Street in the Village of Cato.
During their investigation, police found a suspicious vehicle on Veley Road in the Town of Ira. They also received a report of a burglary at a home on the same road.
Ingelston was seen in the area with a bike and arrested. He faces multiple charges including attempted robbery and burglary.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Social workers speak out against Buffalo mayor’s plan to pair them with police officers
- Over 3,000 tickets issued during Stop-DWI crackdown
- Newsfeed Now: Western wildfires rage on; Missouri soldier surprises his kids
- Edmunds, Milano will not play against Dolphins
- Bills LBs Mat Milano and Tremaine Edmunds won’t play vs. Dolphins
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9