CATO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — State Police in Auburn have arrested a Red Creek man for bank robbery.
It all started around 1 p.m. Tuesday when police say Jason Ingelston, 41, handed a teller a note saying he had a gun and demanded money. It happened at the Community Bank on West Main Street in the Village of Cato.
During their investigation, police found a suspicious vehicle on Veley Road in the Town of Ira. They also received a report of a burglary at a home on the same road.
Ingelston was seen in the area with a bike and arrested. He faces multiple charges including attempted robbery and burglary.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: Partly cloudy and a bit more humid, but not too bad tonight
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9