OSWEGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — They’re historically known for rescuing lost travelers during snowstorms in the Swiss Alps, but on Wednesday, it was a Saint Bernard that was in need of rescue.
A Beethoven look-a-like was stranded on Interstate 81 in Oswego County, but along came State Trooper Caleb Longley, who teamed up with the Town of Richland dog control officer.
We’re happy to report, the big fella is now back home.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Passenger killed, driver hospitalized after vehicle crashes into monument at Niagara Square in Buffalo
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Local Christmas tree farms offer new additions to keep customers and traditions safe this holiday season
- Bills LB A.J. Klein says it’s ‘imperative’ for Bills defense to play their best football down the stretch
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9