SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR) — A New York State Trooper was arrested Thursday regarding a domestic incident that occurred in July while he was on duty.
According to State Police, Nicholas Lotito, 38 from Syracuse, was arrested following an investigation into a domestic incident that occurred in July earlier this year.
Police say Lotito was on duty when he threatened a person that he knew with a taser at a home in Solvay.
Lotito was charged with menacing in the 2nd degree, which is a class “A” misdemeanor.
Lotito was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear in Solvay Village Court on October 8, 2020, at 4 p.m.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm and balmy Wednesday, possible storm too
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- President Trump campaigns in Pennsylvania, Biden prepares for final debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.