SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Taking students outside the classroom. Kids in the Syracuse City School District celebrated Arbor Day, planting trees in the city.
Arbor Day is typically held in the spring, but the city’s arborist says fall is the best time to plant trees and it’s easier to get kids involved and excited about learning something new.
If you’re interested in helping, the city is hosting a community tree planting on October 26th at Kirk Park. Volunteers are welcome to attend.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Mainly dry, milder and muggier tonight
- Onondaga County allows City Market to make a return at the Everson Museum
- Onondaga Community College hosts socially distanced graduation ceremony
- States on hook for billions under Trump’s unemployment plan
- A Walmart, Target and golf course in Oneida County may have all recently been exposed to COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9