SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Taking students outside the classroom. Kids in the Syracuse City School District celebrated Arbor Day, planting trees in the city.
Arbor Day is typically held in the spring, but the city’s arborist says fall is the best time to plant trees and it’s easier to get kids involved and excited about learning something new.
If you’re interested in helping, the city is hosting a community tree planting on October 26th at Kirk Park. Volunteers are welcome to attend.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Hot first half helps NC State pull the upset over No. 6 Duke
- WATCH: Lake effect continues overnight in parts of CNY
- Syracuse handed big loss on the road at No. 11 Louisville
- Interim suspension lifted for SU student protesters, Crouse-Hinds Hall returning to normal business hours
- Proposed bill aims to expose sexual harassment in local government
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9