SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — December 21st will mark 31 years since the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. On Tuesday, Remembrance Scholars paid tribute to those students.
Chairs were set up on the quad in the formation of the student’s seat locations onboard the plane. Each scholar has a seat that matches the victim that they represent.
“It’s remembrance. It’s not a passive program and it relies on everyone, year after year, being empathetic and caring, taking time to learn the history and to do things like, this which are beautiful, active tributes to those lives that were lost,” Remembrance Scholar Erin Gavele said.
Two students from SUNY Oswego and a couple from Clay were also among those killed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- When will gyms be allowed to reopen?
- WATCH: Clouding up tonight with showers skirting Central New York Friday.
- Where are they now?: Jillian Zakrzeski
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9