SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — December 21st will mark 31 years since the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. On Tuesday, Remembrance Scholars paid tribute to those students.
Chairs were set up on the quad in the formation of the student’s seat locations onboard the plane. Each scholar has a seat that matches the victim that they represent.
“It’s remembrance. It’s not a passive program and it relies on everyone, year after year, being empathetic and caring, taking time to learn the history and to do things like, this which are beautiful, active tributes to those lives that were lost,” Remembrance Scholar Erin Gavele said.
Two students from SUNY Oswego and a couple from Clay were also among those killed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Where to watch: Syracuse versus Virginia Tech
- Rollback proposed for Michelle Obama school lunch guidelines
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9