SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — December 21st will mark 31 years since the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. On Tuesday, Remembrance Scholars paid tribute to those students.
Chairs were set up on the quad in the formation of the student’s seat locations onboard the plane. Each scholar has a seat that matches the victim that they represent.
“It’s remembrance. It’s not a passive program and it relies on everyone, year after year, being empathetic and caring, taking time to learn the history and to do things like, this which are beautiful, active tributes to those lives that were lost,” Remembrance Scholar Erin Gavele said.
Two students from SUNY Oswego and a couple from Clay were also among those killed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Southeast lawmakers not surprised by articles of impeachment
- How to be environmentally friendly this holiday season
- Two SU players earn All-ACC honors
- USMCA could be passed before the end of the year
- Reliability of redesigned cars: Consumer Reports
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9