SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University Provost Michelle Wheatley posted a message saying she has given broad discretion to all faculty and students regarding class attendance.
Wheatley says any student who feels unsafe going to class can make a decision knowing all absences are excused Thursday and Friday with no penalty.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Look closely to see a comet in the sky at dusk and dawn!
- Central New York Diaper Bank hosts third diaper giveaway of the year
- Boeheim’s Army crumbles in second half, falls 65-48 against Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament
- New social justice group, Rebirth SYR, hosts meet and greet in preparation of Monday’s protest
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Syracuse bar Tommy’s Park
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9