SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Sports management students at Syracuse University are gearing up for their own game day, raising money in the annual sports auction this Saturday in the Carrier Dome.
Doors will open at 5 p.m. and students hope you’ll be ready to bid, with all proceeds going to Make-A-Wish in Central New York.
“When you’re here on campus for four years, you don’t just want to go to school in Syracuse and leave. You want to do something to leave your mark on the community. So the fact that we get to partner with Make-A-Wish Central New York this year is fantastic. We’re really looking forward to raising as much money as possible for these kids and really make a difference in the kids and their families’ lives,” said auction co-chair Sam Marteka.
You’ll have the chance to take home a signed helmet from Josh Allen, a football signed by several SU legends, even a Derek Jeter signed baseball and Yankees tickets. There will also be non-sports items like speakers, other electronics, and Michael Kors handbags.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Starting to warm up again Saturday; how warm does it get?
- Schools show support for family of Tyler Christman by wearing red for Friday Night Football
- Onondaga County sees 17th COVID-19 death over one week: see the timeline, breakdown
- Government shutdown looms amid federal budget feud
- Tell Me Something Good: History behind last train through downtown Syracuse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9