SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Sports management students at Syracuse University are gearing up for their own game day, raising money in the annual sports auction this Saturday in the Carrier Dome.
Doors will open at 5 p.m. and students hope you’ll be ready to bid, with all proceeds going to Make-A-Wish in Central New York.
“When you’re here on campus for four years, you don’t just want to go to school in Syracuse and leave. You want to do something to leave your mark on the community. So the fact that we get to partner with Make-A-Wish Central New York this year is fantastic. We’re really looking forward to raising as much money as possible for these kids and really make a difference in the kids and their families’ lives,” said auction co-chair Sam Marteka.
You’ll have the chance to take home a signed helmet from Josh Allen, a football signed by several SU legends, even a Derek Jeter signed baseball and Yankees tickets. There will also be non-sports items like speakers, other electronics, and Michael Kors handbags.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Class A Final set in boys high school basketball
- Barre-Boulet and the Crunch spoil Anthony Angello’s return to Syracuse
- Syracuse knocks off Hobart to retain the Kraus-Simmons Trophy
- WATCH: Lake effect on the move, sweeps through Syracuse overnight
- Corporate bands battle it out at Rockin’ the Redhouse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9