SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We have some sad news to pass along. Longtime Syracuse University superfan Don Waful has passed away.
Waful, who was 103, died on Thursday.
The World War II veteran was honored last month on College Colors Day. Since 1945, he had only missed three SU home games.
Waful married the love of his life, Cassie, and they were married 53 years and had two sons.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- Immigration agency bans in-person interpreters at asylum interviews due to coronavirus fears
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Pattern change will likely bring some relief to drought-stricken parts of CNY
- Police investigating after man dies in Herkimer Street shooting
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9