SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We have some sad news to pass along. Longtime Syracuse University superfan Don Waful has passed away.
Waful, who was 103, died on Thursday.
The World War II veteran was honored last month on College Colors Day. Since 1945, he had only missed three SU home games.
Waful married the love of his life, Cassie, and they were married 53 years and had two sons.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Read the full transcript: President Joe Biden’s full inaugural address
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Poet Amanda Gorman earns instant praise for stirring inaugural poem, ‘The Hill We Climb’
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo to hold briefing at 2:30 p.m.
- Interesting facts about presidential inaugurations
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9