SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Graeclin “Bean” Russo joined up with the Syracuse University Women’s Soccer team this past weekend for a virtual 5K.
Russo signed with the soccer team back in October after the team learned of her story.
The Baldwinsville girl became the team’s youngest signee at 9-years-old.
Now, she has participated in a virtual 5K to help benefit her and Team IMPACT.
Bean — as she is so affectionately known as — is fighting a type of cancer called LCH for short.
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious and chronic illnesses with college athletic teams.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Impact of pandemic on breast cancer funding and screening
- WATCH: Cooler weather to end the week
- Where are they now?: Terry Smith
- Family Healthcast: How is Cornell University keeping COVID-19 cases low?
- Roundhill Group takes over Remington Arms
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.