CORTLAND, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A special moment took place on the SUNY Cortland campus on Friday as they lit up their stadium complex in tribute to their students.
It has been dark over the past month and a half after the COVID-19 pandemic ended spring athletic competitions.
Friday’s lighting of the field was a symbolic gesture in support to the thousands of students that have been finishing up the semester from campus.
This tribute was inspired by similar Friday night lights events done around the country.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Bills offense sputters, ‘needs to go back to the drawing board’
- 4 Observations: Chiefs run over Bills 26-17
- WATCH: Rain continues overnight, tapers midday Tuesday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.