SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — While many businesses and occupations are put on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic, the job of being a first responder is more important than ever.
For their hard work during this difficult time, Joey’s and Pronto Joey’s Italian Restaurants in Syracuse are rewarding some of the men and women on the front lines with a free meal.
On their Facebook page, Joey’s Italian Restaurant posted a message offering a free dinner for four on Easter Sunday to the first 50 first responders that messaged the restaurant on Facebook.
The next morning the restaurant posted on Facebook, saying they reached their goal and will provide 200 meals to the 50 first responder families on Easter.
Joey’s posted another message on Facebook to anyone who wanted to help during the pandemic. The restaurant is encouraging those who can to call and purchase a $50 gift card for their Family Meal Pak Menu. If a gift card is purchased, Joey’s will give it to a first responder family on the waiting list, and they will be able to order a free meal for a future date.
For their free meal, Joey’s Italian Restaurant is offering first responders a choice of roast pork loin, Virginia baked ham or chicken riggies with vodka sauce.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police investigating a shooting with injuries involving three victims
- Syracuse University chancellor tells CNN a majority of faculty and staff have been vaccinated
- Railroad arms malfunctioning in Camillus
- WATCH: Cooler with some welcomed rain tonight
- Local pageant girl raising awareness for National Child Abuse Prevention Month