SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The AmeriCU Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival has gotten some national recognition.
The festival is being honored as one of the top art shows in the entire United States.
They were recognized by Sunshine Artist Magazine. The trade publication put the annual event 84th out of 200 best in the nation.
The rankings are based on input from participating artists.
Since the distinction comes from the artists themselves, our team is very proud to earn this recognition. While we are disappointed that we couldn’t physically be together to enjoy the festival and family-friendly atmosphere this past July…Merike Treier — Executive Director of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
This year’s event went virtual due to the pandemic. Organizers look forward to its 50th anniversary in July of 2021.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- News on the Go for Saturday, October 24th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, October 24th!
- WATCH: Much cooler and breezy Saturday
- Baldwinsville edges Liverpool in boys soccer
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.