SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Syracuse family posted a video on Instagram showing how you can sing Happy Birthday while practicing social distancing.
Sara Byrne and her family had a party planned for her grandmother’s 95th birthday, but because of COVID-19, they had to cancel.
To make up for it, they all went to her home and sang Happy Birthday from a safe distance.
Byrne’s grandmother has seven sons, 22 grandchildren and 29 great-grandchildren. Most of them live in the Syracuse area, so they went to sing Happy Birthday for her.
“We love her so much and are so thankful for her!” said Byrne.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills rookie CB Dane Jackson steps up in his first NFL start
- Tyler Kroft avoids COVID-19 exposure while his wife Lexi gave birth to their baby girl
- WATCH: Damp and cool start to the last week of October
- Several potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Cortland County Sunday
- WATCH: 24th Congressional Debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9