SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Syracuse family posted a video on Instagram showing how you can sing Happy Birthday while practicing social distancing.
Sara Byrne and her family had a party planned for her grandmother’s 95th birthday, but because of COVID-19, they had to cancel.
To make up for it, they all went to her home and sang Happy Birthday from a safe distance.
Byrne’s grandmother has seven sons, 22 grandchildren and 29 great-grandchildren. Most of them live in the Syracuse area, so they went to sing Happy Birthday for her.
“We love her so much and are so thankful for her!” said Byrne.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police crackdown on illegal dirt bikes, ATVs
- WATCH: Another hot, humid day Wednesday
- Sterling Renaissance Festival plans on opening this year, needs approval from state and local authorities
- 5 people hurt after crash in Elbridge
- La Linea targets police officers following arrest of top cartel lieutenant
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9