SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority says Syracuse Hancock International Airport will see a 10% increase in travelers for winter break.
SRAA says 59 flights have been added, compared to the same time last year, and Saturday, February 15 and Saturday, February 22 will be busy dates for travelers.
“Given our traffic projections, we will be going into overflow parking, so we are encouraging
folks to arrive early and allow themselves extra time for parking and to get through the security
checkpoint,” said Jason Terreri, Airport Director.
TSA officials remind travelers to arrive at least two hours early to allow enough time for security screenings before their flights.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Family Healthcast: Stress of COVID-19 pandemic disproportionately affecting women
- Consumer Reports: Video doorbells provide an extra sense of security
- WATCH: A quiet night followed by a summer-like weekend
- Tell Me Something Good: A look back at S.U.’s first football game under the old Carrier Dome roof
- Last weekend for extended outdoor dining in downtown Syracuse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9