SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority says Syracuse Hancock International Airport will see a 10% increase in travelers for winter break.
SRAA says 59 flights have been added, compared to the same time last year, and Saturday, February 15 and Saturday, February 22 will be busy dates for travelers.
“Given our traffic projections, we will be going into overflow parking, so we are encouraging
folks to arrive early and allow themselves extra time for parking and to get through the security
checkpoint,” said Jason Terreri, Airport Director.
TSA officials remind travelers to arrive at least two hours early to allow enough time for security screenings before their flights.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Friday Night Fever: Section III basketball and hockey playoff highlights
- Syracuse Crunch doubles up the Cleveland Monsters
- WATCH: Quiet for CNY heading into the weekend
- $6M in federal funding going to Native American Tribes across NY State
- Homophobic graffiti found in 4th floor restroom of Day Hall on SU campus
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9