SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The number of people hospitalized in Syracuse hospitals due to COVID-19 continued to increase Tuesday.
In a Tweet from Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon, he put the number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 at 155, up from 145 Monday. Twenty-seven are in intensive care units.
The resurgence of COVID-19 in New York following Halloween has put far more Central New York residents in the hospital for treatment of COVID-19 than at any other time in the pandemic. See the chart below.
McMahon also reported two additional COVID-related deaths, both men. One was 79 and the other 93. He also reported the county recorded 214 new cases Tuesday, and had 2,056 active cases.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Former CBA standout Stevie Scott declares for the NFL Draft
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9