OVID, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Syracuse man has been charged with making a terroristic threat.
State Police say Luis Santiago, 23, threatened to shoot staff members and residents of the Dick Van Dyke addiction treatment center in Ovid.
Police say Santiago made the threats after he learned he was being discharged from the facility for behavioral issues.
Santiago was taken to the Seneca County Jail, where he is awaiting arraignment.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Inauguration Day in Portland: Tear gas, arrests, demonstrations
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Local boy receives award for saving his mother’s life
- Concern over COVID-19 vaccine allotment in Central New York
- Gov. Cuomo directs flags lowered to half-staff in honor of soldiers killed in military helicopter crash
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9