SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Nurses and doctors came together Saturday afternoon to show their support towards the Black Lives Matter movement and honor George Floyd.
While wearing scrubs and protective masks, doctors and nurses came together at Upstate University Medical Center to honor George Floyd.
The group dropped to one knee and observed eight minutes and 46 seconds of silence. The time span is how long Derek Chauvin had his knee pinned down on George Floyd’s neck.
Healthcare workers around the country held rallies and marches in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Weedsport hands Auburn OT loss in field hockey
- Baldwinsville falls to New Hartford in girls soccer
- F-M boys stay perfect with shutout win over Liverpool
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Equitable Financial to move 700 jobs to Syracuse Inner Harbor
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9