EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists (SOS) has announced that it is resuming elective surgeries after having to pause in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Surgeries will resume at the Specialists’ One-Day Surgery Center (SODS).
Details for the return to surgery include a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site at the Taft Road site. This is for patients scheduled for surgery and pain management injections. Each patient will be tested 3 days prior to their surgery. If the test returns negative, the surgery will proceed as scheduled.
Cases will be reviewed for medical necessity.
Face masks, physical distancing, and other sanitary guidelines provided by the CDC, the New York State Health Department, and the American College of Surgeons will be followed to ensure the safety of patients and reduce the spread of the virus.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Milk giveaway to be held Tuesday in Fulton
- Surprise for Skaneateles Volunteer Fire Department member of 60 years
- Bills CB E.J. Gaines opts out of 2020 season
- Bills S Jordan Poyer says team facility is like “night and day different”
- Bills QB Josh Allen improving from year two to year three
https://twitter.com/NewsChannel9For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9