SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Officers have arrested a man in connection to a stabbing that happened on Monday night.
Police were called to a home along the 600 block of West Onondaga Street. Officers say when they got to the scene, they found a 31-year-old man who had been stabbed multiple times.
The suspect, who police identified as Konstandinos Kavaratzis, 21, managed to briefly escape before officers arrived.
Syracuse Police say Kavaratzis drove for a short distance and crashed at the intersection of West Onondaga Street and West Adams Street.
Police arrested Kavaratzis and he was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
The victim was taken to the Upstate Hospital and police said his condition has been stabilized.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 16 shot, 2 dead in ‘mass shooting’ in Rochester
- SUNY Oswego student speaks out over remote learning
- Partners with paws: Border Patrol K-9s and their handlers graduate
- NY approved to pay out second round of Lost Wages Assistance benefits
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9