SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police have arrested a man in Rochester believed the gunman in a shooting that happened more than three years ago.
According to Syracuse Police, Anton Kelley, 28, was found in Rochester Monday by Syracuse Police Officers, along with officers from Irondequoit and Rochester Police. Kelley is charged with the murder of Anthony Ebron, who was shot and killed at the 100 block of Lakeview Avenue back on July 23, 2016.
Syracuse Police say for more than three years, several people were interviewed, an extensive neighborhood canvass was completed, video surveillance from the surrounding area was reviewed and search warrants were executed. The case remained active as detectives continued the investigation acting on tips and developing leads which resulted in Anton Kelley being identified as the suspect.
Kelley is now back in Onondaga County in custody at the Justice Center.
Syracuse Police will be releasing more information Wednesday. Stay with NewsChannel 9 for the latest on the investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Arrest made in sexual assault and child pornography case in Town of Clay
- WATCH: Onondaga County’s COVID-19 Update at 3 p.m.
- Oneida County warns of possible public exposures to COVID-19
- Cuomo: NY hospitalization rates and percentage of positive tests for COVID-19 remain low
- Syracuse men’s basketball adds Green Bay to non-conference schedule for 2020-2021 season
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9