SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police have arrested a woman after they say she stabbed her father in the stomach.
According to police, a call went out around 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Green Street. When officers responded, they found a 62-year-old man stabbed in the stomach.
Police say they later learned he was stabbed by his 19-year-old daughter, Marie Cuthrell, after they got into a fight. Police say she also damaged a window in the fight and was arrested outside the home.
Cuthrell is being charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal mischief, and unlawful possession of marijuana. She was taken to the Justice Center for processing.
Cuthrell’s father was taken to Upstate University Hospital where he is expected to survive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Onondaga County COVID briefing
- Local lawmakers react to governor’s apology
- Several NY Assemblywomen issue joint statement calling for independent investigation into Cuomo allegations
- NYSP honor Trooper Sperr 15 years after fatal shooting in Big Flats
- Several vehicles seen leaving Governor’s Mansion
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9