SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Friday, Attorney General Letitia James released a report that clears a Syracuse police officer of any wrongdoing in his involvement in a shooting last June that killed a man.
DeWayne Watkins, 74, was armed with a starter’s pistol when Syracuse firefighters responded to his West Calthrop Avenue home for a medical call.
Once police were called, they encountered Watkins with the weapon, who was menacing the officer.
At this time, Syracuse Police Officer David Craw shot Watkins. Watkins later died at a hospital.
Watch below for street camera and bodycam video from the scene:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Ithaca Police investigating armed robbery on North Cayuga Street
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9