SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police are investigating a homicide after finding a man fatally shot on the city’s south side Tuesday night.
First responders were called to South Salina Street, near Martin Luther King East and Furman Street, around 11 p.m. Tuesday for reports of a shooting with injuries. When they arrived, they found a man had been fatally shot.
That man has been identified as Ezequiel Ruiz, 18, of Syracuse.
This is the first homicide of the year in the City of Syracuse.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Syracuse Police are asking anyone with information to call them at (315) 442-5222.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 16 shot, 2 dead in ‘mass shooting’ in Rochester
- SUNY Oswego student speaks out over remote learning
- Partners with paws: Border Patrol K-9s and their handlers graduate
- NY approved to pay out second round of Lost Wages Assistance benefits
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9