SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police say a shooting on the city’s south side resulted in two teens sustaining injuries.
Officers responded to reports of a shooting in the 2000 block of South Salina Street near Wood Avenue around 10:48 p.m. on Tuesday.
Upon arrival, officers found several casings on scene.
A short time later, a 19 and a 14-year-old male, both with gunshot wounds to the legs, arrived at Upstate Hospital by private transport.
Both victims’ injuries appear to be non-life-threatening
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Syracuse Police Department at (315) 442-5222.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘It was just a scrap, a real battle:’ Jim Boeheim following win over North Carolina
- Syracuse Crunch snaps five-game losing streak with win over Rochester
- Crews battle house fire in Sennett
- Barclay critical of lack of Assembly session on Monday
- WATCH: Winds remain gusty overnight, wind chills drop below zero
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9