SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One man was transported to the hospital with injuries on Sunday, after a reported shooting near Syracuse’s East Side.
According to Syracuse Police, officers responded to the 1800 block of E. Fayette St. around 11:45 a.m. to reports of a shooting with injuries.
When police arrived, they found a 24-year-old man who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
The man was transported to Upstate University Hospital, and is expected to survive, according to police.
The investigation is active and ongoing; anyone with information is asked to call the Syracuse Police Department at (315) 442- 5222.
This was the second shooting incident near Syracuse’s East Side within a 15 minute span that Syracuse Police responded to on Sunday. It is unknown if the two cases are related at this time.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville
- President Trump holds White House news briefing
- Protests break out in Louisville, more expected across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement