SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One man was transported to the hospital with injuries on Sunday, after a reported shooting near Syracuse’s East Side.
According to Syracuse Police, officers responded to the 1800 block of E. Fayette St. around 11:45 a.m. to reports of a shooting with injuries.
When police arrived, they found a 24-year-old man who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
The man was transported to Upstate University Hospital, and is expected to survive, according to police.
The investigation is active and ongoing; anyone with information is asked to call the Syracuse Police Department at (315) 442- 5222.
This was the second shooting incident near Syracuse’s East Side within a 15 minute span that Syracuse Police responded to on Sunday. It is unknown if the two cases are related at this time.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- State police nab 3 with illegal weapons on Thruway traffic stop
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
- Alternative Baseball Organization wants to come to Syracuse
- 2 adults, 5 children sent to hospital after crash in Oneida County
- Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest contestants weigh-in on Friday