SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police say if you get a phone call from someone claiming to be with the department and they ask for your credit card information, hang up.
Police report they have received complaints from residents saying people posing as a representative of the police department are calling and asking for the credit card information.
In a social media post the department says it is making no such calls.
If you get one, you should hang up immediately and block the number.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Frosty start to the weekend!
- WATCH: Head Coach Joe Judge Media Availability 9/18
- Mexico should make ‘immediate’ water payments to US, governor of Texas says
- Free Fishing Day taking place in NYS on Sept. 26
- New York announces starting dates for several small game hunting seasons
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9