SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) –The Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese has reviewed mask policies following changed in CDC guidelines, and they have announced new relaxed policies. One notable change is that vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks or socially distance.
As of Thursday, the policy was still to have all churchgoers wear their masks and social distance. New policies that the diocese announced Friday are as follows:
- Hymnals and missalettes can once again be used.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion may resume their ministry with proper hand hygiene before and after Holy Communion.
- The Offertory Procession with the gifts of the bread and wine can resume.
- Choirs with vaccinated members can operate as normal, while unvaccinated members must maintain social distancing.
- Altar servers may resume their ministry with proper hygiene procedures.
- Collection baskets may resume as normal.