OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Oswego City Police Department’s School Resource Officer, working with Oswego City School District Officials, identified the suspect in the September 4, 2019 incident in which a call was made to 911 regarding a gun at the Oswego High School.
The school was then placed on lockdown.
The suspect who placed the 911 call reporting a false incident was identified as a 14-year-old male OHS student. The identity of the student is not being released due to his age.
As a result of the investigation, the student will be processed through the juvenile justice system on a charge that, if committed by an adult, would amount to Falsely Reporting an Incident in the Third degree and a referral will be made to the Oswego City School District for further administrative action.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Manlius Art Cinema welcomes back guests for first screening of the year
- Restaurants have until April 18th to sign up for gift card matching event
- Regal Cinemas in Destiny USA to open doors on April 23rd
- Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office rolls out new software for pistol permits
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9