ONONDAGA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A teen from Tully is facing DWI charges after fleeing from Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies.
On Thursday, around 2:45 a.m., Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a suspicious vehicle near Howlett Hill Road and Crestwood Lane. When deputies approached the vehicle, it sped off, and refused to pull over.
After traveling several miles, the vehicle became disabled near North Road in the Town of Tully. There, the driver, a 17-year-old male, was taken into custody. He has been charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation, reckless driving, speeding, and other violations.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Community Recovery Center in Rome provides telehealth services to help clients maintain sobriety
- Perspective helps F-M grad Ashley Twichell through Olympic uncertainty, looks forward to 2021
- Instacart workers plan to strike amid growing coronavirus crisis
- Beware of scams related to stimulus checks
- WATCH: Areas of drizzle, showers and patchy fog this evening
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.