ONONDAGA COUNTY, NY (WSYR-TV) — A teenager who stabbed a 15-year-old during a fight in December 2018, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
Zakariah Ibrahim was stabbed at a home on Wynmoor Drive in Cicero. He was taken to Upstate University Hospital where he died.
The teen who stabbed him left the scene in a car and was later arrested in Liverpool.
He will be sentenced Feb. 3.
The judge is still treating the 15-year-old as a youthful offender, but the judge could change his status at sentencing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Multiple potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Oneida County Saturday
- Central New York region confirms over 100 new cases of COVID-19 for second consecutive day Friday
- NY Blitz Fantasy Spotlight: Week 8
- 2 Syracuse School District employees placed on administrative leave after wearing ‘No Lives Matter’ shirts for Halloween
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9