DEWITT, NY (WSYR-TV) — Every year Laurence Segal, also known as the “Can Man,” wants one thing for his birthday — the chance to help save a life!
He’s known for being the “Can Man,” collecting discarded cans and bottles to raise money for cancer charities, and Thursday, Segal’s hosting his annual birthday blood drive.
Segal is partnering with the Red Cross, and they’re looking to fill a dire need for those with cancer and now, COVID-19.
The blood drive is scheduled to take place from 1 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the DeWitt Community Church.
You can donate blood by scheduling an appointment here. Use the code DEWITCC.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- School resource officer connects with students through TikTok dance-offs
- Overwhelming response at the Helping Hounds bottle drive this weekend
- Fayetteville school hosts safe trunk-or-treat event for students
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- DeRuyter hosting a drive-thru flu shot clinic Monday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9