SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Salvation Army will once again help put food on the table for neighbors in need. They will be hosting another giveaway in the Oncenter’s parking lot today, Friday, September 11.
The giveaway will begin at 10 a.m. and run to noon or until supplies last. A Salvation Army spokesperson says the last few events, cars have been lining up as early as 8:30 a.m. Each car will receive a box of produce and a box of dairy items.
During the last giveaway, the Salvation Army helped serve 600 families. This time, they expect to serve 800.
Due to construction on State Street and Harrison Street, drivers are asked to turn onto South Townsend Street and then turn onto the access road that will lead them to the parking lot entrance.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man stabbed multiple times in Syracuse Sunday morning expected to survive
- Sweet, energetic Terrier Pit Bull mix hopes to connect with forever family: Petsavers
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Sunday, September 27th!
- News on the Go for Sunday, September 27th
- WATCH: Feeling more like July than September
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.