CLINTON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A familiar face was in the hot seat Tuesday night at Hamilton College. The Emmy award-winning writer, actress and comedienne, Tina Fey, spoke as part of the college’s Sacerdote Great Names Series.
Fey spoke about her education at the University of Virginia and how deciding not to pursue an English degree shaped her career.
“It was a little more reading than I thought and it was a little bit boring and I drifted to the drama department, which is a very small department there. It’s not anything that school is famous for, but I really found a home there and I ended up studying there and studying playwriting and acting and all aspects of theatre stuff there,” Fey recalled.
Fey isn’t the only celebrity to have appeared at Hamilton College. Derek Jeter was another who has participated in the series.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Some light snow overnight, localized lake effect for Tuesday
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- NewsChannel 9 working on transmitter, will shut down for brief period early Tuesday morning
- Gray’s 17 points lead Florida State past Louisville 78-65
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9