SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Green beer was flowing in Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill neighborhood on Sunday, as part of the annual Green Beer Sunday celebration marking the early kick off to Saint Patrick’s Day.
Each year thousands flock to Coleman’s Irish Pub to get into the St. Patrick’s spirit. The bar opened at 11 a.m. and it took some people an hour just to get in!
The annual tradition comes a few weeks before the Syracuse Saint Patrick’s Parade, the 39th annual parade steps off in Clinton Square on Saturday, March 14.
We’ll have live coverage of the parade starting at 12:00 p.m., on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga County allows City Market to make a return at the Everson Museum
- Onondaga Community College hosts socially distanced graduation ceremony
- States on hook for billions under Trump’s unemployment plan
- A Walmart, Target and golf course in Oneida County may have all recently been exposed to COVID-19
- Coronavirus Update: NYS reports lowest single day COVID-19 positive rate since pandemic began