SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Green beer was flowing in Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill neighborhood on Sunday, as part of the annual Green Beer Sunday celebration marking the early kick off to Saint Patrick’s Day.
Each year thousands flock to Coleman’s Irish Pub to get into the St. Patrick’s spirit. The bar opened at 11 a.m. and it took some people an hour just to get in!
The annual tradition comes a few weeks before the Syracuse Saint Patrick’s Parade, the 39th annual parade steps off in Clinton Square on Saturday, March 14.
We’ll have live coverage of the parade starting at 12:00 p.m., on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- March 1 marks anniversary of New York State’s 1st confirmed COVID-19 case
- ‘In like a lion, out like a lamb’: March folklore explained
- White House COVID-19 team briefs public as J&J vaccine doses shipped to states
- Sled for Red a ‘virtual’ success
- Olympic gymnast Hernandez enjoys solid return at Winter Cup