SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Green beer was flowing in Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill neighborhood on Sunday, as part of the annual Green Beer Sunday celebration marking the early kick off to Saint Patrick’s Day.
Each year thousands flock to Coleman’s Irish Pub to get into the St. Patrick’s spirit. The bar opened at 11 a.m. and it took some people an hour just to get in!
The annual tradition comes a few weeks before the Syracuse Saint Patrick’s Parade, the 39th annual parade steps off in Clinton Square on Saturday, March 14.
We’ll have live coverage of the parade starting at 12:00 p.m., on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations
- St. Joseph’s College of Nursing commencement welcomes 86 new nurses into Central New York
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Colleges across CNY held graduation ceremonies on Saturday
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese