SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Green beer was flowing in Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill neighborhood on Sunday, as part of the annual Green Beer Sunday celebration marking the early kick off to Saint Patrick’s Day.
Each year thousands flock to Coleman’s Irish Pub to get into the St. Patrick’s spirit. The bar opened at 11 a.m. and it took some people an hour just to get in!
The annual tradition comes a few weeks before the Syracuse Saint Patrick’s Parade, the 39th annual parade steps off in Clinton Square on Saturday, March 14.
We’ll have live coverage of the parade starting at 12:00 p.m., on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Clouds prevail, but keeping it rain-free for now
- Multiple agencies searching for missing hiker in Highland Forest
- NYS Department of Labor releases PSA regarding unemployment benefits
- Social Security recipients will not need to file tax returns for stimulus checks
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted