Tompkins Cortland Community College campus police reminding students to be careful while cooking

Local News

TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Tompkins Cortland Community College Campus Police Department is reminding students to be careful while they are cooking.

A student left cooking oil on the stove, which caused a minor fire. The resulting fire caused the sprinkler system to go off, causing water damage on multiple floors of the dorm.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area