TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Tompkins County Sheriff’s Detectives have stepped up patrols as they urgently try to identify and find the man who they’ve just learned raped one woman and forcibly touched another.
On October 14th, the man showed a knife when he forcibly touched a woman in the 2600-block of Danby Road near the Fingerlakes Trail. Then two days ago, on October 28th, he raped a woman on the Thayer Preserve Trail on Sand Bank Road. Both incidents happened during the early evening hours before dusk.
The man is described as white, 20- to 30-years-old, between 5’6” and 5’8” with a stocky build. He was last seen wearing dark clothing and a ski mask. Police ask people to remain vigilant when in these areas.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office tip line at (607) 266-5420.
If you have something to report, but are not ready to contact police, or need support regarding a sexual assault, the 24-seven advocacy center hotline is (607) 277-5000.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm, but nice this evening across CNY
- Massive American flag painted in Cortland County for Independence Day
- Oneida County announces 2 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Members of congress want plan developed for reopening US-Canada border
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9