EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The New York State Department of Transportation is advising drivers that Bridge Street in the Town of DeWitt will be closed at the Interstate 690 underpass Sunday nights through Thursday mornings from Tuesday, Sept. 3, through Thursday, Sept. 19.
It is part of the continuing I-690 bridge rehabilitation project. The overnight closures are scheduled to begin evenings at 8 p.m. and last until 7 a.m. the next day.
For the next three weeks, motorists should expect full lane closures at the following times:
· From Sundays at 8 p.m. to Mondays at 7 a.m.
· From Mondays at 8 p.m. to Tuesdays at 7 a.m.
· From Tuesdays at 8 p.m. to Wednesdays at 7 a.m.
· From Wednesdays at 8 p.m. to Thursdays at 7 a.m.
The Bridge Street ramp to eastbound I-690 remains closed. The ramp to westbound I-690 will remain open during the overnight Bridge Street closures.
The work is part of the rehabilitation project, which is installing new concrete bridge decks and replacing joints, pedestals, and structural supports on both bridges carrying I-690 over Bridge Street.
The project is scheduled to be completed this winter.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Quiet, warm weather continues
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Georgia Tech equipment staff seen at Jimmy John’s after receiving travel exemption from NYS
- Family Healthcast: Stress of COVID-19 pandemic disproportionately affecting women
- Consumer Reports: Video doorbells provide an extra sense of security
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9