SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Passenger traffic is soaring at Syracuse’s Hancock International Airport. In 2019, passenger traffic is up 11.5%, which made 2019 the busiest year in three decades.
In 2019, 2,583,193 passengers traveled through the airport.
Officials with the airport cite a variety of factors for the increase.
“Our airline partners have added more flights – such as new daily, nonstop service on United to Denver and Allegiant’s new year-round, nonstop service to Sarasota-Bradenton. However, an often overlooked source of growth has been our legacy carriers electing to fly larger aircraft on existing routes,” said Executive Director Jason Terreri.
More from NewsChannel 9
- New youth center and skatepark opens in Oswego
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Man fires gunshots at Syracuse police officer early Saturday morning, suspect has not been located
- Syracuse brings the fight, but top-ranked Clemson overpowers the Orange 47-21
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9