ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Tully Middle School students made their annual visit to Loretto Health and Rehabilitation on Tuesday morning to bake more than 40 pies that will be served at a social for the residents.
Students from Tully Middle School have made more than 1,000 pies for Loretto residents over the past 25 years. It’s a tradition everyone looks forward to.
“Getting the different generations together means a lot, especially around the holidays, so each year, the kids get here and the apple pies, the aroma is such a good memory for them. Making it is such a traditional thing that means so much to them,” said Jenna Bush of Loretto Health and Rehabilitation.
And of course, everyone is thankful for the interaction, and of course, the pies.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A bit of winter weather to start December
- Police: 15-year-old shot in Syracuse, expected to survive
- New York State Police searching for stolen UTV in Oneida County
- Chihuahua eases business restrictions as COVID-19 fatalities, cases decline
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9