SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Two people are now charged in connection to a police chase that happened on Syracuse’s southwest side on Tuesday night.
Just before 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, officers discovered a 21-year-old man with multiple gunshot wounds along Lincoln Avenue. Police spotted a Subaru Legacy leaving the scene, but say the car refused to pull over, sparking a ten minute long pursuit.
The car eventually crashed into a fence at the intersection of Hudson and Tallman streets.
The driver, Demetrius Archie, 30, and a passenger, Curtis McLaurin, 39, were taken into custody.
Archie is charged with unlawful fleeing of a police officer.
McLaurin is charged with criminal possession of a firearm, criminal use of a firearm, criminal possession of stolen property, tampering with physical evidence and menacing a police officer.
Both are behind bars at the Onondaga County Justice Center.
The pair are not charged in connection to the shooting, but the investigation is ongoing.
That shooting victim remains hospitalized.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Syracuse Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division at (315) 442-5222.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Chicken wings for charity: Pulaski hosts 7th annual Wing Walk Challenge
- WATCH: Snow showers become more widespread late tonight
- Wegmans’ plastic bag ban goes into effect Monday
- Syracuse Police: Missing Syracuse University student fell into Onondaga Creek, search continues
- AP source: Ex-NBA star Kobe Bryant among nine dead in helicopter crash
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9