NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV0 — Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand have announced $11.9 million in federal funding for colleges to use for students throughout New York.
Onondaga Community College and Syracuse University are on the list to receive funding.
- Onondaga Community College: $261,888
- Syracuse University: $411,893
The five-year grants will be used to help low-income and first-generation, or disabled college students.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Buffalo Kickoff Live- Oct. 25
- Adult shepherd mix looking to “Spice” up a new home: Petsavers
- News on the Go for Sunday, October 25th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Sunday, October 25th!
- WATCH: Chilly with some sun Sunday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.