MARATHON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Two men were arrested on Wednesday night after allegedly stealing a vehicle from a business in the Town of Salina on Christmas Eve.
Isaias Lanzo, 20, of Syracuse, Vicente Martinez, 18, of Marathon, and a 16-year-old juvenile were assisted by the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office after their vehicle ran out of gas in the Town of Marathon.
While assisting, officers found the 2010 Jeep Liberty that the men were driving, had been stolen on Tuesday from a business in the Town of Salina.
Lanzo was charged with 4th degree criminal possession of a stolen vehicle.
Martinez was charged with 4th degree criminal possession of a stolen vehicle as well as 2nd degree criminal impersonation, after he gave officers a fake name during a roadside interview.
Both men are scheduled to appear at the Marathon Town Court on January 15.
The Juvenile was released to a family member and will be petitioned at a later date.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Auburn Police Department warning public of larcenies
- DOJ accuses 6 Russian intelligence officers of vast computer hacking
- Who’s first on the priority list for the vaccine? Gov. Cuomo talks rollout of future coronavirus shot
- Family Healthcast: NYC schools could serve as model for districts across the nation
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9