SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse firefighters responded to a house fire near Thorndon Park overnight that left two people injured.
Firefighters were called to the 1000 block of Madison Street, near Cherry Street and Maple Street, around 10:45 p.m. Monday. Most of the fire was put out within 30 minutes.
The Syracuse Fire Department says two people were taken to the hospital after being treated at the scene. Their condition has not been released.
The fire is still under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Most stay dry tonight and it will be a little more comfy too
- School districts prepare for the state’s guidance on reopening
- Jamesville-DeWitt School Board to discuss keeping school resource officer at next meeting
- Oneida County reports 3 more COVID-19 deaths Sunday; 5th consecutive day with at least 2 deaths
- Ithaca Police investigate armed robbery at a Byrne Dairy Saturday night
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9